2017 Endocrine Fellows Series: Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Diseases
Dates: August 2 - 3, 2017
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico , United States
Number of CME Credits Offered: 14.25
The Endocrine Fellows Series: Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Diseases is a two-day conference of clinical endocrine fellows scheduled for August 2–3, 2017. This conference takes place each year in conjunction with the Santa Fe Bone Symposium (August 4–5, 2017) in Santa Fe, NM.
Invited fellows will:
- Review osteoporosis basics, therapeutic options, and nutrition as well as lifestyle factors in women, men, and children
- Update knowledge of rare bone and mineral disorders in adults and children
- Discuss current practice guidelines, emerging clinical science, preclinical research, and clinical practice patterns
- Be able to submit an abstract and get valuable feedback on research and presentation skills from experts in the field
- Attend the Santa Fe Bone Symposium with complimentary registration and travel/housing support
Attendance at this conference is limited; endocrine fellows interested in attending must submit an application. Invited fellows will receive a travel stipend to cover expenses and complimentary registration to attend the Santa Fe Bone Symposium.
Fellows must be nominated by their Program Director. Nominated fellows must meet the following criteria at the time the application is submitted:
- Have an MD or DO degree, or equivalent
- Be actively enrolled as a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year fellow in an accredited fellowship training program in adult or pediatric endocrinology as listed in the ACGME's Accreditation Data System (ADS); preference will be given to first-year fellows
- Intend to practice clinical endocrinology in the United States upon completion of their fellowship training
- Current full or part-time faculty members are ineligible
Apply now for the 2017 Endocrine Fellows Series: Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Diseases conference. Applicants must submit their application no later than Friday, June 2, 2017. The Award notifications will be sent the week of June 20.
Should you have any questions, please contact us.
A new Federal regulation called the Physician Payments Sunshine Act requires certain transfers of value to physicians be reported to the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Therefore, the Endocrine Society now requires all participants to provide both their National Provider Identifier (NPI) number and state license number.
Fellows are encouraged to submit an abstract for an oral presentation during the Osteoporosis Fellows Series.Presenters discuss their abstract with the faculty and other fellows; this is an opportunity to gain valuable experience in presenting your work and receive feedback from renowned physicians and researchers.
Please submit your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstracts may be basic, clinical, translational, or a unique clinical case description. Abstracts may be in any area of metabolic bone disease in addition to osteoporosis, such as hyperparathyroidism, renal osteodystrophy, or Paget disease. It may focus on mechanisms, new descriptions or disorders, or therapeutics. An enlightening clinical case seminar (case report) may also be submitted.
The Osteoporosis Fellows Series faculty select the top four submitted abstracts for an additional oral presentation at a special session at the Santa Fe Bone Symposium.